I am one of those people that can not handle when that little red number pops up on my iPhone over my email. I have to open it right away! A few mornings ago, I was more than pleasantly surprised to find an email saying that I was nominated for the Liebster Award! I had no idea what it was, but I was incredibly humbled by the email from Sandra at The Adored Home!
- It is important to post the award on your blog- don’t afraid to be proud!
- Thank the blogger presenting you with this award and provide a link back to their blog
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- One good turn deserves another, meaning, you then need to find 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers who you think are deserving of the award so that you can then nominate them.
- Finally, the award presenter will ask 11 questions of you which you need to answer and then you, in turn, ask your nominees 11 questions.
Hmmm… 11 random fact about me. I might need another cup of coffee for this:
1. I have an identical twin sister who will always be part of my identity.
2. My dad built the house I grew up in right next door to the house he grew up in.
3. I’m a little OCD about things being neat and organized. Ok, a lot OCD.
4. My one year wedding anniversary to my amazing husband Brian is 10-10-10.
5. Sometimes people think my mom is my sister. I hope those genes carry on!
6. I used to go to Starbucks everyday but have since fallen in love with my Keurig!
7. My family goes to Bethany Beach every summer where my grandma lives. It’s one of my most favorite weeks of the year and my best childhood memories.
8. I can NOT start my day without making my bed!
9. I am lucky to have in-laws that I actually love!
10. Painting furniture with a cup of coffee in hand while watching the Today show calms me and makes me happy!
11. I sing Christmas songs throughout the entire year.
Here are Sandra’s questions for me!
- If you could spend your day doing whatever you wanted what would it be? I’d start out my day with hot yoga, go get a massage, hit a few Virginia wineries with my family and then finish with an outdoor BBQ.
- Why did you start your blog? People kept asking me about my projects or how I made things. I thought it was a great way to organize my hobby and share with others.
- What is something on your bucket list? I would love to take a long trip to Australia one day.
- Who most inspires you?
Oooo. There are so many. My Grandma French is amazing. She raised 6 kids basically on her own while working night shifts as a nurse. She’s always positive and is still very active and social at the age of 82.
- If you won the lottery what would you do with the money?
I think I would take my family on an amazing trip! Maybe Australia! Then I would donate a lot of it into furnishing the less fortunate with necessary furniture such as beds, couches and dining tables. Everyone should have a comfortable place to sleep.
- Do you know your Love Language, if so what is it?
I don’t know it but my mother-in-law gave me this book to read! I guess I should get on that!
- Who must you talk to every day no matter what?
My husband, on more than one occasion.
- Which social networking site is your favorite? Facebook, twitter, etc. It used to be Facebook but I think Twitter is about to surpass that!
- What is your most prized possession?
My wedding ring and band
- Coffee or Tea?
Coffee in the morning, tea at night!
- Do you have a pet peeve? If so what it is? Where do I start?! I hate when doors are left open. Closet doors, the microwave, the dishwasher!
Now here are my questions for my nominees!
1. What’s the very first thing you do after you wake up?
2. What tool can you simply not live without?
3. If you had to chose, which celebrity do you most relate to?
4. Are you a football fan? If so, who’s your favorite team?
5. Where’s your favorite place to blog?
6. What’s a dinner staple in your household?
7. Would you rather travel to Aruba or Rome?
8. What did you want to be when you were a kid (besides an awesome blogger!)?
9. What’s your favorite beverage?
10. What’s your most favorite motivational song?
11. Do you have a guilty pleasure reality TV show? What is it?
And now, here are the lovely bloggers I nominated for this award!
Check out their hard work and follow them! I look forward to getting to know all of these bloggers even better!